Find a domain name now
Setting the story straight: Neustar’s role in auDA’s Registry Transformation Project
auDA’s .au Registry Transformation Project (RTP) and Neustar’s involvement in the process from start to finish
This has been a long and complex process – and rightly so, given the critical role .au plays in Australian business, technology and society. Neustar has been intentionally silent on this topic so far, out of professional courtesy and due to our commercial relationship with auDA. It was not our place to comment or critique. That said, as the transition approaches we feel it’s important all the relevant facts are shared. Not only does Neustar pride itself on being a leader in the domain name Registry space and wants to protect its reputation, but we’re concerned that the Australian Internet-using public has been misinformed by recent communications regarding .au.
Here’s a quick snapshot of our time as .au Registry Operator:
- 100% DNS uptime since 1st July 2002.
- One of the first Registries to feature real-time dynamic DNS updates & to implement EPP v1.0.
- Aussie-built Registry developed exclusively for .au.
- Dedicated infrastructure based in Melbourne and Sydney & for Disaster Recovery commitments.
- Global leader in DDoS mitigation services, with a scrubbing capacity greater than 10Tbps.
- Phenomenal year-on-year growth leading .au from approx. 250,000 domains in 2002 to over 3 million today.
- 24-7 and 100% Australian-based Registrar Support.