1 Feb 2016: AusRegistry today published Edition 6 of our industry magazine Behind the Dot – State of the .au Domain. Edition 6 focuses on the important issue of security and what it means to the longevity and integrity of the .au namespace.
- An in-depth examination of the function and importance of DNSSEC
- CERT Australia Technical Director, Dr Jason Smith gives us his views on cyber security issues affecting critical infrastructure
- Bruce Matthews, Cyber Security Manager at the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) provides an overview of the Australian Internet Security Initiative
- Robert Schischka of nic.at, the Registry for the Austrian country code Top-Level Domain, offers an international perspective on DNSSEC
- A close look at some of the major global brands that have been threatened by hijackers
- Security risks to individual domain name Registrants and how to address them
This edition we’re also happy to introduce ‘Channel Talk’, which features input from some of our .au Registrars, as well as regular features including .au statistics, auDA’s governance report, survey data and a DNS and security update.